William Otto

William Otto
Playing catch with Daddy!

Monday, February 7, 2011

So Blessed...

Today was a difficult day. I don't feel like going into a lot of specifics, but it was hard. I battled with both of Wills insurance companies, broke down while making chocolate chip cookies because it hit me that I will never get to make those for Will, and spent a lot of time on the phone trying to work with the medical equipment supplier. All in all, it was stressful to say the least.

Then I was approached by a friend of mine who said she wanted to do a fundraiser to help cover the cost of Wills medical supplies. Then, a few minutes after that amazing news I read this verse, it is from Psalm 139.

"If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you."

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be."

The last part especially touched me. Thanks to a wonderful friend, and a wonderful God, I have been reminded that I need to let go and trust that it will all come together in God. I can't worry about tomorrow and what may come. I can't worry about how we are going to make it work. Worrying accomplishes nothing and takes up too much precious time I could be spending with my family.
So thank you to my amazing and generous friend. Thank you God for bringing me this reminder.
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment