William Otto

William Otto
Playing catch with Daddy!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Woohoo!!

Good news finally!! Will is gaining weight again. The most he has ever weighed is 21 lbs. 10 oz. and today he was back up to 21 lbs. 5 oz. I am so happy!!!!
We are going to switch him to continuous feeds though versus the bolus ones. His reflux has gotten worse and the thought is that if he is fed over a longer period of time, meaning his food goes into his feeding tube slower, then it should help his reflux. We need to do everything we can to manage that because we want to hold off as long as possible on him having another surgery on his trachea to insert steroid shots in it to keep the edema (swelling) down.
We should be getting the pump and other equipment by Monday or Tuesday depending on if the medical supply place has it in stock or not. They are usually pretty good about getting us the things we need in a timely manner.
I am also test driving a Honda Odyssey today. They let me bring it home and we bring it back in tomorrow morning. So far I really like it. Getting Will in and out is a breeze. It has a ton of room and is loaded (leather heated seats, DVD player, automatic doors etc). Matt and I will go in on Monday to talk numbers to see if it will work out. I hope so!
We are meeting Joanne and Lindsay tomorrow in Mackinac City for lunch and to bring Joanne back up here with us for about a month. I am so excited to have her stay with us for awhile. I have the BEST mother in law in the entire world. Will is going to get spoiled rotten for sure. I have been showing pictures of Joanne (Nana) and my Mom (Oma) and trying to teach him their names. Yesterday it finally clicked and he calls the pictures Na and Ma. I hope he realizes that Na and Ma are people not just pictures lol. I am excited to see if he calls them that tomorrow.
I can't wait for our fun filled weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment