William Otto

William Otto
Playing catch with Daddy!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Random Musings

So, I finally got my butt back in gear and started working out again yesterday. I ran/walked 4 miles at the Dome while Will slept in his stroller. I am going again today. I had started the 30 Day Shred at the beginning of November (which I love) and I did it for 10 days before quitting it because Will was admitted to the hospital again. It is so hard to keep up with a regular work out schedule when your life is filled with hospital stays and doctor appointments. Anyway, that could be a whole seperate post...

I also have to figure out a way to get out of my own head when it comes to weight loss. It is like I sabotage myself right from the beginning. I have never had to lose weight before, I used to always be quite thin, so now that I need to, I tell myself that I can't. We all know that when you tell yourself you can't do something enough times, it becomes true. I don't know why I get down on myself so much either. I have lost 30 pounds since Will was born, I just need to drop these last 15 or so. Anyone have any suggestions or tips for me to get over this self defeating attitude?

My poor little man threw up his whole last bottle last night. I feel so bad for him when that happens. At least now I am recognizing the signs of when he is going to throw up and I can position him over the sink. I guess this is just something else that we are going to have to get used to with his EE. I was reading another Moms blog earlier about her son with EE and she said throwing up is becoming so regular in her household it doesn't even phase them anymore. He just goes to the bathroom, throws up and flushes and then throws up again and flushes and comes back out as if nothing happened.

I feel so bad for Will when I really let myself think about it sometimes. All of the things he will never experience. He will never eat a cafeteria lunch with his friends, have a candy cane at Christmas or Halloween candy. He will never eat a traditional Birthday cake. No ice cream, no restaraunt food, and the list goes on. Matt and I are such big foodies that this is a hard pill to swallow sometimes. We are going to have to rethink how we do celebrations so that they don't center around food. Any other EE Moms happen to read this and have any ideas in regards to this that they would like to share? I would love to hear from you if you do. I suppose I have to take this one hurdle at a time. And the first one would be to get him to eat ANYTHING orally at all...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment about your EE experience thus far! It sounds as if you have had a very rough time of it. EE seems to vary so vastly among children- it can be overwhelming to read of it! Harris is currently off of corn, wheat (and he is allergic to peanuts but that is not related) and red meat. Other than not going to restaurants and having to bring snack or lunch to friends it hasn't been too bad but I know what you mean about feeling bad for them. It can be too overwhelming to think about long term! I'm so glad that the tube is working well for him!

    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna. I have noticed that EE varies greatly between different children. Will's 'regular' allergies are peanuts, egg whites and soy. Since we are still at the beginning stage in all of this, we do not know what is EE allergies are.
    I was happy to find your blog. It is nice to find other families dealing with the same type of things.

    ReplyDelete