William Otto

William Otto
Playing catch with Daddy!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Spirit

I finally feel like I am getting the house back in order. It is crazy how chaotic it all gets when you get back from a trip. Especially when you have a 16 month old who got lots of presents from his family while we were downstate!
Last year I baked all of our neighbors sugar cookies for Christmas. I didn't want to do the same thing this year so everyone is getting apple pies instead. I just finished baking them and two are delivered. I love the surprised look on peoples faces when they get gifts unexpectedly. I will deliver the last two tomorrow as long as everyone is home. I don't know why I didn't think to make one extra though because they smell delicious and now I am craving apple pie!
Ever since the g.i. doctor gave us the green light on giving Will some oatmeal cereal I have been trying to get him to eat some. As you can probably guess, otherwise there wouldn't be anything to mention, he will not have anything to do with it so far. He clamps his little mouth down tight whenever the spoon, or toy, or my finger comes close to his mouth with oatmeal on it. I am being patient though. I know that because of his EE he has passed all of the natural times when children learn to eat. It is going to take a lot of work. I hope everything goes well after his next scope and they are able to add another food for him to try. I don't find oatmeal very appetizing myself so I can't imagine he does either.
Tomorrow is Matts Grandmas funeral. I wish we could be there, but it is too far away and we just got back home from down there last Thursday night. My sister Jennifer, who lives only a hour away, said she was going to go. That met a lot to both of us. Thanks Jenn!
I can't believe it is already the week of Christmas. Time goes faster and faster every year I swear. Today at church the kids did a Christmas program. It was so cute. Soon Will is going to be up there doing the same thing. I am excited for him to start that sort of thing, but I don't want to wish all of the time away either. It goes fast enough all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment